The Inskeeps, a cute, new family from Idaho, moved into our ward a few months ago. Marci and I quickly became friends, their 5 year old is in my primary class and she's the cutest thing ever and Ashlyn and their 11 year-old daughter, Phoebe, have become good friends. Last weekend Marci invited us, along with a bunch of other cute neighbor girls to a late night movie.
We saw Monte Carlo at the Kaysville Theatre and had such a fun time. The theatre was packed and our girls were all spread out in twos in the theatre. I was sitting with Marci and on the other side was an older man with some mental challenges. During the movie he kept asking me if I wanted to buy some of his artwork and because the movie was set in Paris and Monte Carlo, he kept asking me where those places were on the map and he wasn't quiet about it. I would quietly answer his questions and he would ask again where these places were, so I just kept saying "it's far away, outside of the United States" and that would satisfy him for a while. It was humbling to me. I have so much...I have full use of all my senses and my body is healthy and I am strong and as I sat next to him I had an impression. A quiet whispering from the spirit gently reminding me that he is a son of our Heavenly Father...it changed the way I looked at this man the rest of the evening, I almost felt a little protective of him when I would hear others behind us snicker and laugh as he would ask me questions. I won't forget that impression.