This cute girls came over today to play with Wyatt...he's the only one of my kids that still plays. The others all just 'hang out'. When I even mention the word play, my kids all cringe...it's the funniest thing.
Breckyn's mom, Jamie, and I became friends a few years ago. We met at a stake conference adult session and when we met, we began talking like we had been friends for years. It was comfortable and easy and there was something different. As she turned to leave that night, she said "I'm going to tell you something that I probably shouldn't say, but I was supposed to meet you tonight. I've been praying for someone like you to come into my life." I wasn't even taken back by what she said, but I did feel like I had an obligation to fill, not really an obligation because I had just met her and I instantly loved her, but more of an opportunity to know her. Time passed and we chatted a few times and it was always easy, like an old friend that has been with you through everything. Then, in March of 2009, both of our husbands were called to be bishop's of our wards and today we are close friends. I cherish my relationship with Jamie...it's different than it is with some women I meet and I'm grateful for her in my life. And now with our kindergartner's in the same class, we have more chances to see each other. In fact, the first day of kindergarten orientation Breckyn and Wyatt became friends instantly and they didn't even know that we knew each other...they are destined to be great friends.
A few weeks ago Wyatt told me about a girl at school that follows him around at recess and makes kissing sounds to him. I smiled and hugged him tight and told him this would happen a lot in his lifetime :) and then I asked if he knew her name and if it made him feel uncomfortable. He said it was Breckyn and he really didn't mind it. Oh, I couldn't wait to tell Jamie. We laughed about it and decided we needed to get them together outside school. A few days went by and Wyatt would ask for Breckyn to come over every day, so I called Jamie and she told me that all Breckyn talks about is Wyatt...so we arranged a play-date. They are too cute!