For our primary program, Ashlyn was asked to talk on the priesthood and how it blesses her life. She memorized her talk and did an amazing job...so many people love Ashlyn. Here's her talk:
I am thankful for the restoration of the gospel because through the restoration, the priesthood is on the earth again. The priesthood helps me with every need of my life. It also offers me the ordinances, the blessings, and the teachings of truth that give meaning to all I care about now and all I hope for in the future.
I have tender feelings for the priesthood men who symbolize the Lord's love for me. A few weeks ago during sacrament meeting I began getting a headache. After sacrament meeting i found my dad and asked him if he could give me a priesthood blessings so I could feel better. My dad asked if I would like Brother Francis to join in the blessing and I smiled because I was happy he could do this for me. As my dad and Brother Francis laid their hands upon my head, I felt a warm feeling that let me know my Heavenly Father was near and watching over me. I feel this same way whenever I receive a priesthood blessing from my dad.
I'm grateful my dad has a reverence for the responsibilities and blessings of the priesthood.l I want to always be worthy of priesthood blessings and sustain those men in my life that hold the priesthood. I know it is the power and authority of God. I know it will never be taken from the earth again. I know President Monson is a true prophet today. I know it's important for me to read the scriptures every day so I can be closer to my Savior and live with him again one day. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.