Friday, December 2, 2011

School is Cancelled...

Yesterday as I picked up the kids to take them to the dentist, they all piled into the Yukon shouting "School is cancelled for tomorrow"!  They were so excited and so was I!  As we talked of the fun things we could do...go to Sparetime, see a movie, go ice skating, Kenna was quiet and quietly said "That will be fun for you guy"  Oh, I hadn't even felt bad that she would still had school, but then as we drove to the dentist my friend called to say she had received a call from Davis school district saying all school would be closed...Yay!! 

While driving to see Dr. Anderson, Kenna let out a little scream and smiled.  I asked what happened...she said Conner texted her saying he was at the dentist and had to go because he was going back.  She looked at me and said "Do you think he goes to Dr. Anderson??" with questioning eyes.   I said "Of course he goes to Dr. Anderson, the Clarks are some of their best friends!"  She said "Well, I just texted Conner that I'm on my way to the dentist, too, little does he know that I'm going to see him in a few minutes."  We walked in and Conner was in the dentists chair...it was akward between the two of them, but it was fun to see him.  Ashlyn has never seen him up close and as he finished and walked out to his car, Ashlyn said "Wow, Kenna, he's cute!"  I loved it!  Hopefully these guys can remain close friends, without all the girlfriend/boyfriend stuff right now, Kenna's just too young for that and she knows it and gets it.

Friday we spent the day together.  Kenna trained with Emalee in the morning and then we raked leaves and the kids played soccer all afternoon, it was great!  What a fun day off school and it looks like there will be no make-up day for those on year-round school...lucky us!