Thursday, December 1, 2011

YW's in Excellence...



A few weeks ago aunt Whitney taught Kenna the YW's theme in sign language.  I don't know how this came to be, if aunt Whitney just began teaching her or if Kenna asked her to teach her.  But when she showed me, I was thrilled...lately Kenna's been diligently working on her Personal Progress and one of the value experiences in Choice and Accountability asks the girls to study the YW theme and write down their thoughts.  As we talked this last week about her learning the theme in sign, we decided that it would go right along with that value experience. 

So, last night at the Young Women's in Excellence she performed it for everyone.  It was awesome.  She is so beautiful and so feminine...I love to watch her sign.  All of the girls told of what they've been working on to complete their value experiences, some girls sang and some bore testimony of the importance of reading the Book of Mormon each day and writing impressions in a journal.  It was a powerful night.  Brother Porter ended the night reminding the girls why the Personal Progress program is inspired of God and how important it is for these girls to commit to completing their Personal Progress because it will help them reach their ultimate goal of becoming mothers in Zion.  I'm so proud of Kenna, the last few weeks have been challenging for her and she has faced the adversity and heartache that has come to her with integrity, dignity and with her head held high and a smile on her face.  She is much more valiant and true than I was at her age...I look up to her and feel blessed to be her mom.