Friday, March 27, 2009

The BIG "7"...

About a month ago we saw that the movie Monsters vs Aliens would be out in theatres on Colter's birthday...so, of course we had to plan a movie party with 7 of his best friends. Earlier in the week, we went out to find invitations, but found nothing he wanted. So, he asked me if I could just make one with his picture on it...here's the invitation. He absolutely loved them!
Traditional breakfast in bed...
Colter got to open one gift before school...his first BB gun. He was so excited!
It was fun to watch dad teach him a little about his gun. Colter asked dad if he could keep his new gun in the gun safe where all of his guns are kept - Garrett loved that. All day Wyatt has been saying "where my gun?" and "when daddy gonna get me my gun?" Garrett's taking the boys out tomorrow for some target shooting...I'm sure Colter won't be sleeping much tonight. But, really I'm not sure who's more excited...my little boys or my big one. Garrett loves that his boys love to shoot, fish, hunt, look at fishing and hunting magazines, watch sports together...anything to be with dad (the girls, too)! McKenna, Ashlyn, Wyatt and I visited Colt's class today and dropped off a candy-gram. It read:
Happy Birthday Colter,
You are one Hot Tamale.
BeTwix all of us, we think you're a SweetTart.You make us Snicker.
We love you to the Extremes.
Love, M&M's (Mom & McKenna) and the
3 Muskateers (Dad, Ashlyn & Wyatt).
He was pretty excited to see all of us in his classroom. He passed out Ding Dongs and everyone sang Happy Birthday to him, he said it was a great day!
With his party being a Monsters vs Aliens theme he wanted the same Monster Cake we made for his class clake walk a few months ago, only this time he wanted it to be blue with a jagged tongue...it's so easy, I'll make this cake anytime! Good thing I took this picture when I did because all too quickly our house became all too quiet...as I came into the kitchen, I noticed Wyatt sitting at the counter in front of the cake. He quickly put his hands behind his back and puckered his lips at me while making kissing sounds. I know this sound all too well, lately, when I've caught him doing something "naughty" he smiles a huge smile at me and gives me tons of air kisses. Then I saw what he had done - he had stuck all of his little 'fingies' into the cake....aaaaggh! Luckily I was on the phone with my mom...she said "remember, we love that little guy!" We just refrosted the cake and all was great - Colter's little friends won't care (or even know) there are finger pokes under that frosting!
With all the running around this morning, we came home and Wyatt crashed while eating his lunch. I was glad to see him napping, because I knew it would be a busy night. In the end, that really didn't help much. He's moving into the tantrum stage and lately it seems I spend lots of time each day following behind to clean up total disasters or apologizing for his behavior...he is by far our busiest 2 year-old.
The boys arrived and the party began...
Kobe, Trey, Drake, Dylan, Colter, Jacob, Seth and Wyatt
Garrett and I had a great time and laughed right along with all the boys...the overall consensus from all the boys was that Monsters vs Aliens is now their favorite all-time movie!! And no, Kobe is not sleeping in the theatre, he's just a great actor...these boys are all such crack-ups! A few times Garrett had to turn into Brother Sill just to get the job done...it sometimes seems they respect Bro. Sill just a little bit more. Happy Birthday Colter Boy!
Colter also got to pick out a new bike from G&G Nichol...pretty lucky little boy - he is in heaven!