This past weekend was the father & sons camp out at Camp Woodland...who knew a tent could bring such complete happiness for two boys and a dad??!Garrett has been talking about this weekend with his boys for the past month and the boys have been counting down the days. They were so excited to sleep in the new tent, shoot guns, hike, explore, get dirty, be with dad and their friends, and did I mention sleep in our new tent for the first time? This past week Wyatt was constantly talking about getting to sleep in the tent and how the 'grils' weren't invited - "no 'grils' allowed", he would say. What a stinker!Getting home this afternoon from being in Midway with the girls, I was so excited to see my boys and hear of their adventure...after a quick hug and kiss, Colter quickly ran off to play with Seth, Garrett's mowing the lawn, pruning trees, working in the garden and in the yard and Wyatt has been sleeping most of the afternoon...when he wakes I think he might need two baths just to get rid of all that dirt on his little body - I don't know if he's just getting extra tan or if the dirt has just been baked in...I guess we'll find out tonight! Colter's favorite part was shooting his gun, sword fighting and swinging on the rope...pretty much everything!
Caden and Wyatt playing in the dirt with their 'ticks'... Colter loved the rope swing...
Colter, Wyatt and their buddy Jacob...
Wyatt crashed and then woke a while later saying "my freezing"...Garrett bundled him up and he fell right back asleep. When he told me this we laughed because at home in the mornings when he has just woken up he says that same thing every morning...so we bundle him up and he falls right back to sleep. I asked Wyatt if he missed me..."nope" was his reply. What? But Garrett did say that as it got to be nighttime he did say "my wanna go home!" I think Colter said the same thing on one of his first camp outs with dad...as long as they don't want me on their first scout camp or on their mission I think we've succeeded.The boys grilled hot dogs and brats and apparently made fun of me for sending ketchup, mustard and mayo packets from chik-fil-a...I thought it was a great idea. Then Garrett told me that someone else asked for ketchup and one of the other guys threw him a small ketchup packet his wife had packet. I can only image what all those guys were thinking...all I can say is great (women) minds think alike. I think it's a great idea - one less thing to pack up and bring back home!In this picture Colter's only fake sleeping. No way was he going to miss any of the night-time fun. At the amphitheatre the boys sang songs around the campfire and ate cookies and drank yummy hot chocolate...looks like all my boys stayed pretty snug and warm - thanks baby for taking such good care of our boys!
shooting guns and watching all the trains come and go. As Garrett and I talked about their weekend he laughed and said he really didn't see the boys very much Friday evening - they were off with their little buddies having the time of their lives, while Garrett and all the dads had a great time just hanging out, too! It was a perfect weekend.