Monday, May 18, 2009

Food Fight!

On Friday, Colter's teacher, Mrs. T., sent home a note telling about an upcoming food fight scheduled for today...I had to re-read the note just to make sure I was reading it right. What a cool teacher! Really, who actually follows through with having a messy, gooey, sticky food fight...especially with first graders? I was so impressed and Colter was so excited...
At 1:00, the go-ahead was given and the first spray of whipping cream flew through the air - for fifteen minutes straight there was complete chaos with pudding, pop and whipping cream being thrown everywhere. I even caught Colter spraying some cool whip into his own mouth and a few times I was hit by some wild banana pudding! Wyatt watched with amazement (and a little fright) as seventeen first graders and one crazy teacher screamed with excitement...no way was Wyatt giving Colter a hug.
What a cool thing to do...Mrs. T. has done some things this year that Colter will surely remember, but I think this takes the cake! Colter rode his bike home, showered and is now ready for some off-track fun!