Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Girls...

McKenna is growing out of everything. Over the weekend we went shopping again for church shoes and jeans. She is now wearing a size 8 1/2 shoe...I was so excited when she wore a 7 1/2 (which was for about a month) because I looked forward to sharing shoes, but she's past that now. She had her volleyball physical last week and is 5' 2 1/2'' tall...I'm 5' 3''. This is not fair! We went to our first Youth Standards Night last night and as we walked to the car Garrett and I both looked at each other and then at her...she's so beautiful and so grown up. So far she's balancing volleyball, soccer, homework, piano and friends all increibly well. Ashlyn is losing teeth all over the place...just last week she lost three. Driving home from church today I saw our cute neighbor, Mitch Frei, who is 11, walking home from church and said to Ashlyn "I love that boy, you better marry him!" The kids all laughed and Ash said "oh, moooooom." Then when we got home we were all just in the front yard when Mitch walked by. Wyatt yelled "Mitch, my mom says Ashlyn is going to marry you" in his cute little rugged voice...Mitch couldn't stop smiling and looking back at us. I called his dad Greg, to tell him the funny story and he said "When Mitch gets home we'll have to give him a hard time"...later Greg texted me..."I guess Jake (the younger brother) has already spoken for Ashlyn in our family so they'll have to fight it out between the two brothers..." We love the Frei family!! A few years back while camping together we, as parents, said we would do all we could to have Ashlyn marry Mitch...time will tell.