Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wyatt's Big Day...

I knew today would be a big one...Wyatt's first day of preschool and my 37th birthday. This morning Wyatt was my buddy as we ran some errands before taking him to school. First was a trip to Walmart to return some storage totes. As I carried in the totes, I asked Wyatt to hold onto my pockets...I watched as he jammed his little chubby fingers into my pocket and then looked up at me and smiled when he had accomplished the task and was holding on tightly. I couldn't hold back the tears as I looked at my baby...my now four-year-old big boy standing beside me looking up at me with his cute little tanned face and smile and sun-streaked hair and faux-hawk and those big blue eyes. I put the tote down, picked him up and just squeezed his little body, kissed him and then quietly cried into his neck. Just the other day my mom and I were talking about how quickly kids grow...I know he was just two yesterday! I can't believe we're here...with our baby going to preschool. We also went to Old Navy and got him some new camouflage shoes because camouflage is his favorite color ever.
I look at these pictures and see how much I've changed, never would I have let McKenna, Ashlyn or Colt go to school with any kind of character backpack, they still don't, yet Wyatt found this one and had to have it and I didn't even hesitate to buy it for him! Yesterday Wyatt and I filled out a little questionnaire Ms. Tresa had given us. I asked him all the questions and had to hold back a lot of laughs.
* Where's your favorite place to be? "Chik-fil-a" This truly is his favorite place to be! Funny kid!
* What's your favorite song? "Hey Soul Sister" This one killed me...come on, give me a primary song or something!
* What's your favorite nursery rhyme? "mom, what's a nursery rhyme?" I've slacked terribly, but I've loved him with all my heart, mind and strength and even taken a few mornings this last week after the big kids have gone off to school to get back into bed with him to read and cuddle until we both fall back asleep - lucky me!
Every day Garrett tells Wyatt he's going to shrink him down so he can take him to work with him...Wyatt thinks its the greatest thing. Some mornings he wakes up, looks at his body and says "Daddy didn't shrink me down today..." There's something about this kid that we all adore!