Sunday, January 18, 2009

Content...

I love my beautiful, ordinary life!
This statement is so perfect. My friend mentioned this the other day, then later that same day I saw it on another friend's blog and just couldn't get it out of my mind...then this morning at our Stake Enrichment meeting I attended a class entitled "Just a Mom" and thought more about this as I listened to beautiful, amazing, incredible women talk about motherhood and the ups and downs and the many blessings that are ours. We all laughed together, we all cried together and the spirit was felt.Sometimes life might just seem ordinary, but, really it's ordinary in an extraordinary kind of way.As a little girl all I wanted to be was a mom, as a young woman that's all I wanted, too. That desire never changed and to this day, it's still the thing I want and love the most...well, second. I've heard that the best thing you can give to your children is to love their father...and I sure do! Serving my kids, making sure they're happy and looked after comes naturally to me and sometimes (many times) I fail to recognize Garrett's needs. I know he's a big boy and he can take care of himself, but when I remember to serve him and really love him, especially in his love language, life is so sweet!
It's kind of a different stage of life we're entering, where we have a little more flexibility to steal away those small moments, just the two of us, while McKenna babysits...it's funny to me, how when we were first married I thought I loved him as much as I thought possible - but, lately, I am reminded more and more of why I fell in love with him...
he is so good to me and good for me!