Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weekend Getaway...

Looking across beautiful Midway...
We spent the MLK weekend in Midway. My cousin, Jori, and her family were in Midway also, staying at her parent's vacation home. About 5 years ago, her parents, my aunt Joan and uncle Jim, built their vacation home in the same community as my parents...so it's a lot of fun to be up there and run into them at the pool or driving around on the golf carts. My uncle Jim is really my dad's cousin, but they grew up more like brothers and to this day, still do everything together and have very similar personalities...both of their garages in Midway and back in the valley are decked out - what one doesn't have the other is sure to have. Growing up Jim and Joan were more like second-parents to me...our families always spent holidays together, boated at Powell together, camped at Palisades together, spent time at their condo in Park City together, not to mention the unforgettable Days of 47 Parade weekends, plus lots of other great memories...like living in Jackson Hole for a summer with their daughters, Jodi and Jenni...crazy, fun memories!
It was fun to see my kids hanging out with my cousin's kids. We played a little Outdoor Challenge on the Wii, went sledding, ice skating
and of course found yummy ice sickles to lick.
JC and Colter
K'lynn, Ashlyn and Raygen
After quite a few runs up and down the mountain, I was worn out...so this was me supervising from the golf cart! Ashlyn snapped this picture while I was catching some rays (or zzz's). I had to laugh when I downloaded the pictures and this is what I found...I guess I win for most attentive mom! ...it's always memorable, and this time of year, it's always cold (-10) in Midway, but we love it!
Wyatt and his grandpa...
me and my cute Colter boy - oh, I love him!