Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Little Shadow...

Since the kids have been back in school it's just my Wyatt boy and me for most of the day and I am loving it. We wrestle, play trains, do puzzles, watch train movies, play with 'play ploh', read books, go shopping, take naps together on a good day and just hang out together. Wyatt found this lego table in the play room, so I brought it out to the kitchen and he has not stopped playing with it. I don't think it has been used for years, but he is now loving it and I'm loving that I can get some things done while he's busy playing, instead of hooked to my hip (even though I love that, too)!
The other night, as Garrett and I got ready for bed, he asked me what my plans were for the next day...I paused and joked "I think I'll take a nap with Wyatt" then smiled to wait for his reaction. I know he was expecting more of a to-do list. But, I seriously love, love, love to take naps with my little boy...and try to sneak them in when I can. Wyatt loves to snuggle so close and I love to squeeze his little chubby legs and smell and kiss his little head - ooh, I just love it! I know it's a problem because every nigh he ends up in our bed...but, I know it will come to an end too quickly...the other kids were all the same and they now sleep in their own beds every night (except for the girls, they always seem to end up in the same bed!) I was kind of joking with Garrett about the nap thing, but then it happened! Wyatt went down for a nap, I snuggled with him and we both fell asleep. We deserved it, though...we had spent all morning at the mall scouting out deals on new shoes and clothes for the whole fam...it seems everyone is outgrowing their clothes and shoes. It's been a pretty expensive week!

Last night for FHE, we watched old home videos...we laughed and laughed at how cute and little the kids used to be - their tiny little bodies were so fun to see, watching them learn new things like riding a two-wheeler and kicking up a skateboard and hearing their voices...so cute. We had forgotten about Ashlyn's little lisp and just how 'munchkin-like' they sounded. Wyatt was enthralled with seeing himself on the screen...Garrett and I just watched him, watching himself on the screen and kept smiling to each other across the room. We watched a bunch of video from right after his birth and he kept asking daddy "why my not wake up?" I was teary eyed at seeing my baby as a newborn...how do you know when you are really, really done having kids? I'm struggling with that right now...seeing myself pregnant on that screen and how huge I get really makes me not want to go there again, and financially it's a lot, there are so many things to hold me back...but, there are also so many blessings that come. Lately I cannot stop thinking about one more baby (I've even had the impression that if we do have one more it will end up being twins...which would be great, too). I cannot get it out of my mind and I know I'm driving Garrett crazy with all this crazy talk. I guess we'll figure it out sooner or later! I just wish there was some way to know...actually, I know there is one way to know...I just don't know that I'm ready for the answer!