McKenna is such a ray of Sunshine in our family.
The other day, after having a not-so-great piano practice with her, I found a cute, handmade mailbox on my dresser. On the outside of the box was a note that read: "Mom's Mail...check everyday."
I looked inside and this is what I found...
she also made one for her room so I can leave her little love notes, too - it has been fun to read her cute, sweet notes and to write down little things I love and notice about her.
It's funny how something as simple as writing down a little thought has really opened my eyes to all she does to help our family (and me) be happy.
I love that she tells me she loves me, but I love more that her actions really show it. She loves so easily and forgives so quickly...two qualities I love about her and two qualities I hope she will always hold onto!
Sometimes I miss my tiny, little McKenna girl (and my little Ashy Lu, too), but mostly I am enjoying the young woman she is becoming. Often, I find myself just looking at her wondering to myself 'how can you be so grown up?' She's always been our first wish...she's also a dream come true.