Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Friends...

Some friends we only see a few times a year, but when we get together, it's as if nothing has changed - we pick up just where we left off and it feels like old times. Garrett and I really have been blessed with some incredible, beautiful friends.
Last weekend, Jared & Shelly (not in this first pic), Brad & Denise, Trent & Alisa, Chad & Jill and Garret & I got together for dinner at Maddox to celebrate Alisa's birthday.
Ten years ago, our friend Denise, battled ovarian cancer...and won. She and Brad went on to have four beautiful children and have been living life to the fullest. Last week she found a hard lump in her abdomen...I think she knew right off the cancer was back and the CT scan confirmed it. It still seems unreal to me all that she is going to go through and all she will face. Wednesday she had surgery to remove the mass and is now waiting for the biopsy results, and whatever lies ahead. She's ready to lose her hair, eyelashes and eyebrows and go through all the sickness that comes with treatment...she's ready to face this battle, again and beat it, again - she has to for her kids and husband!
Her faith and strength amaze me, but really it shouldn't...she has always been that kind of woman. Did I mention we have incredible friends?