Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camp Kiesel with the Scouts...

Day camp with these boys is a lot different than with the girls. Lots of running around, lots of tag and lots of scraped knees. Colter kept asking me to come to day camp with him and luckily it worked out...love having two live-in babysitters! Earlier this evening, as I tucked him into bed and layed down by him to talk about his day, he kept saying over and over "Mom, thanks for coming to camp with me. I loved having you there."
He has such a tender heart and I do love that part of him...sometimes I want him to be tough and not need me so much, but deep down I really am grateful he still wants me close by. I don't think he noticed me much at camp because he was having too much fun with his friends, but I think just knowing I was in the background must have meant more to him than I realized.