Ashlyn wondered if I would come over to the school to take pictures since they were riding their bikes to school. "You bet I am!!" was my reply. I don't know if I saw a sigh or a smile. I do know they were a tiny bit embarrassed as I took this picture as they're walked into school, but they are too cute...plus they were over it pretty quickly.Ashlyn has been up since 5:00 a.m. so excited and thrilled to be going back to school. What a great thing to see, especially after only have two weeks off for summer break. Ashlyn just adores her teacher, Mrs. Flitton, and already has a great raport with her...I don't know her that well, but could immediately sense a connection when Ashlyn walked into her classroom this morning and she came over to hug Ashlyn. I know she will love having Ashlyn in her class, who wouldn't??
Colt was excited too, but I could sense in him a little nervouseness...a little anxiety about what this year will bring. Last year he was with tons of his best friends, this year, so far he only saw one good friend, Drake, in his class, and they sit right next to each other. I think this year will be better than he realizes.
Last night as I tucked him into bed, he wanted to go over as many spelling words as we could just in case there was a 'pop' spelling test today...love this kid!
Wyatt starts preschool in September and McKenna doesn't start jr high until the end of August. It's different, but good, to have McKenna home. I'll definitely make good use of her...today we have lots to accomplish: catch up on journal, mow the lawn, pick and bottle green beans, go to the library, take the kids to 7-11 ater school, figure out what to make for dinner, make zucchini bread and do the laundry all before 1:30 when the kids get home today and then hopefully spend the afternoon at the Roy pool with my brother Steve and his family.




