Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Promises Kept...

Maybe five years ago, Garrett and I remember having a conversation with McKenna, who was about seven, that when she started jr. high she could have her own cell phone...at the time, it seemed like five years was forever away.
Well, here we are and a promise is a promise. For the last few weeks, Garrett's been drawing up a cell phone contract and playing sneaky detective to find out which phone McKenna wanted most.
I still smile when I think of how funny he was when he first showed me her phone. He was like a little kid on Christmas morning...so anxious and so excited! He asked me to come into our bedroom and told me to look in the corner. I thought something had been broken or was hiding in the corner and I didn't see the phone charging in the wall behind some pillows. Then he deliberately told me what I was looking for and I about died. He had picked out this cute little purple phone that McKenna loves!!
He did so good and couldn't wait to give it to her the next morning. He already had a plan of how she would find it. He wanted to put it under her pillow with an alarm to go off in the morning.. The next morning it was so fun to anticipate her hearing the alarm and finding her new phone under her pillow...aaah, what a great dad! She came upstairs ecstatic...just thrilled beyond words! I have to admit I am loving her having this new phone...I can reach her instantly, she's doing chores and anything I ask so quickly...I like this.