Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School

The kids were up and ready to go by 7:30...and so dang cute! Sunday night Garrett gave each of the kids a father's blessing...always a tradition growing up in both of our families and it's something we have continued and something I look forward to each time a new school year comes around. Even Wyatt received a father's blessing...I snuck a peak as Garrett began the blessing and that's when tears came, they always do whenever Garrett gives a blessing to one of the kids or to me...Wyatt sat with his feet flat on the chair, knees bent and his folded arms resting on his knees with his head bowed, eyes tightly closed and Garrett's hands upon his little head...an image I don't want to forget. To me it was a perfect representation of faith...the faith a little child has in his father. I know the kids are ready to succeed...Mrs. Peterson with McKenna...Wow, 6th grade. Can this really be her last year before jr. high? Leaving the school this morning, holding Wyatt's little hand, I was a little emotional as I looked over at the kindergartners playing on the equipment...it really wasn't that long ago that Garrett and I dropped our big girl McKenna off on her first day of kindergarten. I still remember exactly what she was wearing, right down to her little flip-flops, how I did her hair and her cute little backpack that almost seemed as big as her. Sometimes I long for those carefree days...but those little glimpses help me enjoy every single day and the memories we are making now.
Ashlyn with Ms. Provost...can't believe she is already in 4th grade. She is beautiful and gets along with everyone, especially the boys! There are 22 boys in her class and only 6 girls, but I think she'll survive because her best friend, Brinley, sits right across from her...she is so excited! Ms. Provost is the best!
Colter and Ms. Bills...2nd grade in a portable is such a thrill to Colter. He had an awesome first day of school - lost a tooth, then went out to get Slurpee's right after school with Kobe...doesn't get any better than that!
Can't forget Wyatt, my little tag-along buddy...tomorrow we are riding the front runner down to daddy's office for a little lunch date at The Italian Village. Probably shouldn't have already told him our plans because he cannot stop talking about it...love this little man!McKenna loving Wyatt one last time before heading out the door...she adores her little brothers!