Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kodiak High Adventure Camp 2009

As Young Men's President, Garrett and some other great men from our ward and stake began last year planning for this years High Adventure with the Priests.
Soon after beginning the groundwork, Garrett was called as Bishop, but he still looked forward to continuing his work with Kodiak Camp, knowing he would be participating with the Priests and YM's leaders in the ward. He worked late nights and many hours putting together the agenda and all that would take place at camp...one late night as we talked and I asked about Kodiak, he joked that he didn't think I gave him enough credit for all that went into putting this course together - that his assignment for Kodiak was equivalent to a camp director for the young women. I hadn't realized that, but looking back I know he put his whole heart into it to give the boys the experiences they needed to have at camp...I joked that I hadn't seen him make any blankets or put together any crafts for the boys to do. Thats when he just looked at me with that look I know all too well and I just smiled back at him!
Garrett is determined in all he does and I just knew Kodiak would be a success and he would have an incredible time with the boys. How could he not?? All of the YM's leaders are some of his best friends...Greg, Tyler, Trent, John, President Thurgood and President Hawks...some great men he gets to rub shoulder with on a daily basis.