Monday, August 24, 2009

Football Fever

Saturday, for Colter's first football game, the girls and I spray painted a huge sign for the team to run through before the game. It was awesome and we were pretty thrilled with how well it turned out. After admiring our artwork, the girls and I went inside while the sign dried in the sun. A few minutes later I heard Garrett yelling to me to come outside, saying "You have got to redo the sign! That one just won't do." I asked if it had ripped or something and he just said "Nope, come and look, there's no way you can use that sign"...I looked it over and over and still didn't get when I had done wrong. He kept saying "Read what it says" over and over...finally, after spelling it out to me I got it. We laughed and laughed at what I had done...who knew a lightening bolt before the word 'hit' could cause such an uproar. One by one as we showed it to the other parents, only the guys got it right off, the girls had to have it spelled out for them...too funny. The kids still didn't get it - good thing!
We all loaded in the car and caravaned to the game in Bear River. I looked back at Colt and could tell he was getting in the 'zone'...The boys lined up on the field and my mouth fell open as I saw the kid Colter was up against...these farm boys were all twice the size of our little Syracuse boys. We got whooped 40-0, but it was a fun game with some great tackles by our Jr. Mites.
The girls loved watching Colt play and had fun passing the ball during half time. Colter can't wait for his next game...he is loving it!As I gathered snacks to take to the game, I pulled a bag of Twizzlers from the pantry. Colter asked me to save some for him for after the game. I agreed. At the game, we pulled out the licorice and began passing it around to all the kids...with about 1/4 of the bag left Colter called out from the bench to me yelling "Mom, don't eat all my licorice...save the rest for me!!" All of us on the side laughed that his head was more into the Twizzlers than on the game. I guess he is only 7!