Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fun the Midway Sun

With our husbands, Garrett, Tyler, Chad and John, away at Kodiak High Adventure Camp for the week, I invited the wives of these good men and their kiddos up to Midway for some play time. I knew this would be a busy week, so relaxing in Midway was the perfect way to end it. The kids had fun playing games, exploring, talking around the fire pit on the deck, running around and of course, swimming. Not everyone made it into this picture...it quickly got to be a little tight!
Diane and I headed up early Thursday morning with Carrie and her bunch joining us after lunch, then Kristy and her kids joined us on Friday...we laughed and had a great time together.
a little down time before bedtime...
One night the kids were downstairs telling ghost stories right before bed...one by one, they would come upstairs, some with little tears in their eyes, others just a little frightened by what they had heard. We all knelt and Kristy offered a family prayer, then I pulled up the mats for my kids to sleep on the floor in my bedroom. After we were all settled, I talked with my kids about the importance of keeping the spirit close, not doing or saying things that make it unsafe for the spirit to be our constant companion. We fell asleep quickly that night and no one woke with nightmares!
It was funny and so cute to see all these cute boys enthralled with Ammon's new little brother, Jacob...rather than swim, they all moved their lounge chairs around the baby so they could keep an eye on him. To this day, Colter still wants me to have more babies. While I snuggled on the couch with him and Wyatt I asked Wyatt if we should have another baby, he snuggled closer to me and adamantly said "NO"...he is definitely my baby!
Again, Wyatt got a hold of the camera and had a little fun expressing himself...he is a crack-up!