This past weekend was a busy one full of emotions and fun and lots of laughter. Bonnie Jean flew into town on Tuesday from Virginia and so Thrusday, Bonnie, Brittney, Dani and I met for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. When we get together it's as if no time has passed...we still laugh at everything just like we did when we were 15 and we still have way too much fun together. These women are some of my best friends and I will cherish them forever!!
Friday night was the alumni mingle...driving back to Cottonwood that evening brought so many emotions back to my mind and heart. I loved high school and have such great memories of good times with amazing friends that have remained true friends thru the ages. It was such a great night to see old friends and boyfriends that I haven't seen since graduation. So many of my guy friends mentioned that I looked like I could still be walking the halls of Cottonwood...little did they know that just a few days earlier I looked more like I could have because of my braces. Mark was one of my best friends, we had lots of classes together and really clicked as friends, deep down I think I always wanted him to ask me out, but I always felt I was out of his league. I had no idea how much he valued our friendship until tonight when he told me how much he thought of me back then and how I was one of the few people he was hoping to see tonight. Back in high school, in the halls or in class or whenever he would see me he would always say "Steph, Steph, Steph!" and hold out his arms for a hug. I had totally forgotten about that until I saw him that night and when we saw each other he whispered "Steph, Steph, Steph" and we hugged...so many memories came flooding right back. But I think the greatest thing I came away with that night was just seeing everyone and talking with everyone and hearing that they are all happy and enjoying and loving their families. Everyone seemed content and happy with where they are in life.
I left that night with a smile on my face, excited to drive home to my husband and family...I am truly blessed in many ways!
I left that night with a smile on my face, excited to drive home to my husband and family...I am truly blessed in many ways!