While planning out our week, I had a conflict of how I was going to get Colt to football one night and still get Kenna to her soccer tournament in West Jordan that went from a 10:00 game to a 6:00 game. So I called my good friend, Diane, to see if Colt could spent the whole day with Kobe. The Talbots are always so good to us and always so willing to help with anything...they had a family day planned and Diane wouldn't have it any other way than to let Colt join them...they are always like this and are so willing to let Colt tag along and be their 4th kid. I dropped him off early and Kenna, Wyatt and I were on our way...I didn't worry about him one bit that day and just knew he was having the time of his life with Kobe. First, they worked in the yard, then hit Swan Lakes for 9 holes, then off to Lagoon for a few hours, then back to the house to get ready for football. Colt is lucky to have such great friends who have great parents that help us out so much...we truly are blessed to live where we do because I know I could call on any of our neighbors (and I do) and I could receive the help I need...as I type this, my eyes are filling with tears because I am overcome with the knowledge that this is true...11 years ago we knew we were meant to build in this neighborhood and we have truly been blessed since then!
Anyway, later that night G told me that President Talbot was pretty impressed with Colt's ease in giving thanks for anything and everything that was given to him or done for him that day...that meant the world to me. I hope that as he grows up, he is always thankful and that he can express it so easily. What a treasure he is!