Kenna's new Forza team is still trying to mesh, but they're coming along quite nicely :) The girls are all darling and they are all bonding and having so much fun together, and on the field the girls are really improving at each game. After one of their Park City games, Ray even told the girls he was 'giddy' about the way they had played. Now that's huge coming from Ray because he's not one to give lots of compliments or to ever be giddy and the girls knew that meant so much. In Park City's tournament the girls lost their first game (without Kenna because she was at girls camp) 5-0, then the second 4-0 and then tied 1-1...so no medals, which is something these girls aren't used to. Usually they sweep the competition all tournaments. But this is a new team and a new level of play in the premier level. After the Park City games, the girls devoured 2 huge pizzas at Maxwells and then rode the Alpine Slide...I snuck out before the slide and sent Kenna with McKahl so I could get to my 20th high school reunion. It was a fun and exhausting day in the scorching sun!
Park City 2011...
Spart Cup 2011...
This past weekend was the Sparta Cup in West Jordan. Kenna's team played two games on Thursday and beat Celtic Storm 2-0 and then played Soulie's team and only lost 1-0 (they played Soulie's team in Park City and lost 5-0, so there's improvement after one week) and then played Sparta and lost 2-0...bummer, but Ray was estatic because Sparta is one of the top premier teams in the state and to only lose by two was pretty awesome. Kenna looks pretty cool in her new keeper uniform...she's grown so much these past few months and is determined to be the best in her age group. When I watch her train with Emalee, I don't know where she gets her stamina and drive...she is focused and I love that about her!
With Ashlyn and Colter already in school, Wyatt gets to hang with Kenna and me and all the girls at the soccer games...he's usually pretty ok with that but sometimes it does wear on him, so a snow cone is in order. Aunt Whitney came over to watch Kenna play and even took Wyatt for one of the games so he could hang with Tanner and Ethan. I also brought grandma Berk to one of Kenna's games and that didn't turn out too well...another story for another time. Grandma's really losing her memory and thought I had left her at the field for 5 hours and so she demanded that I take her home. I missed the game and when we got to grandma's place and I said 'You're just in time for dinner' she looked at me and said 'I thought we were going to McKenna's soccer game' I opened her door and said "Grandma, it's time for you to go home, love you, goodbye" That was a long day.