So, this is kind of a funny story that Garrett and I will laugh about for a long time and the kids, too. Many years ago, when the kids were all little and we were trying to stick to a budget, Garrett sent me flowers and I got mad at him, telling him we couldn't afford it and that they just die anyway and how we could use that money for diapers or something more useful.
I think back to that time and feel so bad for G. He was trying to be appreciative of me and show me how much he cared and I could only see how much money he had spent and I didn't see it that way. Wow...I was so wrong, but didn't realize it until just last month when Kenna received flowers for her 13th birthday from her friend, Connor. When the flower guy delivered the flowers, I was thrilled to see him and asked "Are these for Stephanie?" He looked at the card and said "Nope, they are for McKenna." I smiled. I really wanted them to be for me, but then I was so excited for Kenna. How fun for her to get flowers on her birthday and from a boy...she would be thrilled. She was at a volleyball camp all day and Connor was backpacking with his dad all week so I don't even think she suspected anything!! I couldn't wait to see her expression when she came in and saw her dozen roses!!
I told Garrettt and the kids how I reacted when I saw the flower guys with Kenna's roses and they all laughed at me. So, it's one month later and G is in Alaska fly fishing to his hearts content and flowers come in the mail and this time they are for me! I was super excited and so were the kids...it was so fun to their the girls reaction to me getting flowers from dad and how the boys thought it was so cool for dad to send me flowers. I realized right then that it's a good thing for our kids to see that dad sends me flowers. It's a great thing for them to see him loving me and doing things that make me happy...I never realized that it's something I've really missed...I love my flowers and I love you G!