Friday night was the annual Activity Day Daddy Daughter Dinner & Dance and it was just what Ashlyn was hoping it would be. I know in their activity days they have been making duct tape corsages to prepare for the big night, but I wasn't sure if Ash was that excited to go until Wednesday night. But before I get to that I have to tell the background...Monday night Garrett's parents came over with their pumpkins and stayed for FHE. During the conversation, Ashlyn talked about the Daddy Daughter dance and Garrett just kind of joked around that he would take Ashlyn out on their own date instead and she laughed it off and didn't seem to mind, but grandma Sill said "No way, you need to take her to the Daddy Daughter dance" and Garrett just smiled.
On Tuesday, Garrett left for Falcon's Ledge to guide through Thursday. Late Wednesday night Ashlyn came to me asking when dad would be home, I told her not until late Thursday night and with big tears in her eyes she said "So, he's not going to be here for the dance?" I looked at her puzzled and said "Oh, no the dance isn't until Friday and he's coming back on Thursday"...she looked relieved and wiping the tears asked me if dad was really excited to go with her or not. I know Garrett was looking forward to be with Ashlyn in whatever she wanted to do and so I told her he was planning to take her to the dance. She smiled and went to bed and all was good. I immediately called Garrett and told him how it broke her heart to think he would be out of town for the big dance...it was the sweetest thing ever!
Friday came quickly and Breanne walked home with Ashlyn so they could do their hair, talk about the dance and pick out their clothes for the dance. It was so cute to watch them so excited to go out with their dads. I loved it. Ashlyn did her hair for about 3 hours and she looked beautiful! Dad came to the door at 6:00 and even brought Ashlyn a bright pink rose...she loved it and couldn't stop smiling!! Ashlyn was blown away by dad's awesome dancing skills...they had a great night together.
While they were out, Kenna had come friends over and so the boys and I, along with Dylan and Stryder went to the movies to see Dolphin Tails.