Being off-track this week, my kids have played together more than they have in a long time. They have been so cute together and so kind to each other. It's really been a great week with them. Monday Wyatt came up to Ashlyn and said his tiger had a sore paw so they spent the next few hours playing vet. Ashlyn would write down all that needed to be done to tiger...clip his nails, trim his beard, give him a bath, comb his fur and she and Wyatt would mark everything off the list as they accomplished it. It was great to watch. Then later that day, Wyatt and Colt spent a few hours playing basketball and dribbling up and down the driveway as I sat in the sun and watched. It's days like this (and really everyday) that I feel blessed to be able to stay home with our kids. Colt is such a great older brother and so mindful of Wyatt's needs (usually). They eventually ran inside and went right into their room where I followed them and could hear squeaking and jumping from the hall. I grabbed the video camera and spied on them for a few minutes while they did 20 jumping jacks on their bed, then 20 push ups and 20 sit ups. I was grinning from ear to ear and then they saw me and got embarrassed, but then started through their exercises again. I walked into the kitchen to get dinner ready and Wyatt came out to tell me they were going to walk the dog...WOW. I love these boys!
Tuesday, Kobe, Trey, Owen and Wyatt W came over to hang with the boys and Ash...they all played outside in the beautiful sunshine and spent the day between our house and the Talbot's. Wednesday we picked up Krispy Kreme donuts for the kids' good grades and headed down to see dad and grandpa Sill at work and share our donuts and then have lunch with grandma B. We ate at KFC and did a little shopping with grandma. On the ride home the kids were all in the back seat of the Yukon. Ash began tickling Colt and at first he didn't mind, then it got to be too much and they began bugging each other. I quickly decided they needed to put their palms on the ceiling of the Yukon and keep them there until we were home and we were still 30 minutes away. I knew this way they couldn't touch each other and because their arms would be aching by the time we got home they would remember this and hopefully not bug each other again in the car. I stopped at Ligori's to pick up some fundraiser slips for selling pizzas and when I got back into the car and drove away I noticed their hands weren't on the ceiling. I asked them to put their hands back on the ceiling and Ashlyn quickly and quietly said "Please mom, we're not touching each other...we promise to be good!" I smiled and knew it had worked.
Today my sweet visiting teachers came over, Colt finished writing letters to his grandparents to complete the second to last requirement for earning his Bear in scouts and will complete his final requirement next Wednesday when we ride the Frontrunner downtown with the Coleman's, Talbot's and Anderson's to see the Church history museum and have lunch. Kenna's at the community center playing basketball with some friends and Ash, Colt and Wyatt are heading out to sell pizzas for Ashlyn's NYC trip. Later today I'll drop Kenna off to training at Ponds Park and we'll go visit aunt Nicole and baby Jackson, we'll finish duct-taping the boys pumpkins in Broncos Colors for the pack meeting pumpkin roll tonight and hopefully pick up Drake to come with us. Then tonight I'll spend some time looking at all the fish Garrett caught while rubbing his sore muscles...and go to sleep feeling like we accomplished enough for today.