The other day Garrett and I were talking about our days and after telling him all the fun things the kids and I had planned (they are off-track) for the week, he told me that my new name is Summer. I wasn't sure what he was talking about then he explained that he is Fall and he is all about the harvest and preparing for winter and getting work done and I am all about having fun and putting off work until the fun is done...I'm summer! I'll take that! We laughed all night about his analogy.
The next day he texted and asked what we were up to...I texted that Colt and I were having a little date at Subway and that Ashlyn was out to lunch with the Prows' and Wyatt was ice skating with the Coleman's. He texted "It's nice to know that summer is still in abundance even amid the changing of the leaves and the colder weather." Then he texted..."I love summer!"
I love that Garrett knows me...sometimes more than I want to admit, but he knows me and loves me to the core, even with all my faults and imperfections. I'm embracing summer with all I have. On Sunday I talked with a good friend, Scott Mortenson and he asked if I had been having fun at Lagoon? I have seen his daughter, Kelly, with her kids, the last three times we've been there and she must have told him she's seen me. I told him how I am summer and I'm making memories with the kids. He agreed and told me that was the best thing I could be doing with them. I love that Garrett embraces my need for play and fun...and loves me through it all. I'm so blessed.