Yay!! School officially ended on Thursday...but, I think mentally, we've been done for the past week. It's been hard to get the kids into bed sooner than 10:00 p.m. this past week.With Mandy and the kids in town and the 4th of July being Jacob's birthday, we planned to leave for Midway as soon as the kids got out of school. Garrett has also been itching like crazy to get out on any river and since the Provo runs right through Heber, and close to my parents place in Midway, it's always a good fishing get-away.Thursday morning I had everything packed and ready to go, planning to pick up the kids and then get Garrett from work and drive to Midway. McKenna had other plans when she came to the car...I wondered if this might happen - of course with the last day of school come parties and late nights and then she was invited to go camping with her friend, so plans quickly changed. We headed to Midway and McKenna stayed with Malorie and her family, our good friends and neighbors. It was not the same without her...I missed her more than I thought I would. I rely on her so much and just love having her around...it was noticeable different not to have her there. I know it was hard for Ashlyn not to have her best friend/sister to tag along with - Friday night as we cuddled, Ashlyn confided in me that she realized how much she truly loves being with her big sis. It was a sweet and tender moment.It rained most of the drive to Midway, but quickly left and we enjoyed the sunshine! Wyatt is always happy on any trip as long as he has his Doritos...
Wyatt loves baby Kali. He loves to be by her side. He especially loves to feed her even though she can do it all on her own, he still tries...and she is pretty patient with him.
Whitney brought up glow sticks for the kids...here's a picture with the lights on and one with the lights off while their holding the light stick close to their face - so fun!
As we sat around talking, just before bed, it was funny to me to see the kids playing the iphones...Wyatt can maneuver around that thing better than I can.
Jacob wanted a Peter Pan birthday party, so Mandy made treasure maps to color, Peter Pan hats for the kids and then sent them on a Treasure Hunt...with a real treasure box handmade by her grandpa waiting for them at the end.
One last golf cart ride over the bridge before heading back home...
Not many pictures of dad these two days...he spent most of his time fishing the Provo with Russ and I love that he can take some time and unwind. He definitely needs it. My unwinding is done at the pool with the kids - to me, nothing beats a day at the pool in the beautiful sunshine. Fishing wasn't as great as Garrett had hoped...with all the rain these past few months, the rivers are all pretty high. But, even without catching much, being on any river is still one of his favorite places to be. The stillness and peace he feels while out fly fishing is immeasurable.