Thursday, July 9, 2009
Swim Team...
Ashlyn and Colt are now swimming with the Layton Surfers.After Ashlyn's first night practice with the team, her coach pulled me aside and said "she is a rockstar...she's beating everyone, including all the boys! She is amazing!" She definitely is one awesome swimmer...right now she's doing a trial run with the swim team - it's a pretty intensive schedule, two hour early morning practices each day, so they want you to know what you're getting into. So far this week she's loving it. Today after swimming and being at camp Kiesel all day yesterday, she came home, showered and fell asleep with the towel still on her head. She must have been exhausted.By this time next week she will have to make up her mind to continue swim team or to cheer competitively. I'm hoping she chooses swim...I'll keep my fingers crossed!Colter is also swimming and doing so well...his team doesn't compete yet, they are still working on refining their skills. He is loving it too...after his trial period he will also need to decide whether to continue or whether he really wants to do football this year - I'm hoping swim team for him, too! I guess we'll see how things progress.