McKenn, Ashlyn and I woke early to play all day at Camp Kiesel with the Activity Day girls and their awesome leaders...Shelly, Donita and Michelle.
Ashlyn drove up to camp with herfriend, Breanne, and her mom, Donita. As a family, we are currently reading in Alma in the Book of Mormon. When Donita and the girls in her van entered the gates to Camp Kiesel, Ashlyn pointed out the fort around the entrance to the camp, and taught the girls in the van how Captain Moroni fortified and strengthened the cities from the Lamanites by helping the people building forts, just like the one built around Camp Kiesel's entrance...what a cute girl! Our early morning family scripture study really is sinking in!First off we did a little nature walk, where we learned about the Elephant Ears plant - which is nature's own toilet paper...it's also edible, but beware - if you eat it you will need it!
Next we canoed...and got soaked. The number one rule while in a canoe, as told to us repeatedly by the camp leaders, is to not stand up in a canoe. I guess I didn't hear that rule...because after trying unsuccessfully to get away from the guys waiting in the water to soak everyone who passed by, I stood up to assert my authority and tell say 'enough'...to no avail - I just made myself a bigger and easier target, getting completely soaked, all the while the girls were yelling at me to sit down. I have to admit it was pretty funny!
walking across the monkey rope and running through an obstacle course where I caught this
great picture of Ashlyn biffing it...
the girls made up a cheer for our 'bear' group..."we are the bears, the mighty, mighty bears..."
they all spent lots of money on junk food at the trading post, made an arrowhead craft and shot a bow and arrow...not Ashlyn's favorite after getting a fiberglass sliver in her finger - ouch...but she was pretty brave and very persistent about getting it out!
It was a fun-packed day...so grateful for Diane who took Colt for the day and Mandy Christensen for watching Wyatt, so I could play in the beautiful mountains with my girls.