Saturday, July 18, 2009

Right Where We Were Supposed to Be...

my father-in law Steve, mother-in-law, Vorelle, us, Garrett's aunt Andrea and uncle Gregg & cousin TaylorIt's definitely a tender mercy to me when things just work out perfectly and Garrett and I are able to be at the temple together. Earlier this week we heard from Garrett's aunt Andrea and uncle Gregg that their son Taylor, Garrett's cousin, who will soon be serving a mission in California, would be receiving his endowments at the Bountiful Temple. With our Saturday morning open we were looking forward to sharing this special time with Taylor. It seems like just yesterday I was receiving my endowments in the Bountiful Temple and taking that step toward being sealed to Garrett in the Salt Lake Temple.The morning in the temple was perfection...but, what happened after the session testified to me we were right where we were supposed to be this morning. As I waited in the lobby for Garrett, (as always), I noticed the woman next to me looked like Sister Frischknecht...Garrett's mission President's wife. I asked if it was her and told her who I was...she smiled and we hugged. We talked and wondered if our husbands had noticed each other in the dressing room. Garrett came out, saw me and then saw Sister F...his smile widened and his eyes brightened. He loves President and Sister F. It's evident in his countenance when he sees them. He was so happy to see her and mentioned to us that he had seen President in the men's restroom and that's probably the only time will ever hug a man in the men's restroom...too funny!I am so thankful Garrett served a mission, that he had a man and father-figure like President and a mission-mom like Sister F. to guide him, love him, train him, teach him, sometimes set him straight and help mold him into the man he is today. His mission is such a huge part of who he is.This evening we attended an Eagle Court of Honor for Erick Mendez, a young man in our ward, who comes from a great family. After the awards ceremony, his family invited everyone over to the stake center bowery for an authentic Mexican dinner...it was fabulous! Back at home, I mentioned to Garrett how everyone at the party was so kind, so happy and so friendly...he smiled and said "They are exactly like the people of Guatemala." He loved his mission, the people he served and secretly longs to return...hopefully one day soon! It's been a fulfilling day.