A quick Midway get-away with a few of my girlfriends...Kim, Lori and Amy...and our kiddos.
Last week while in Midway, Colter's cousin, Jacob, taught him how to make 'arm pit farts' using a straw and his mouth...Colter couldn't wait to teach his friend, Sam...even Grace got into it! Grandma had been wondering where all of the straws were ending up!!
After getting settled we all hopped on the golf cart and headed to the pool...it's so funny to see how many people we can actually fit on the golf cart...I think our record this weekend was 17! Try to beat that!
Afton, McKenna, Delaney, Brinley and Malorie (with towels on their heads)...McKenna's friends adore Wyatt (most of the time) and I think he has loved each one of these girls at different times during his short life. This weekend, Afton, was the target of his affection...he followed her around and she looked out for him in whatever they were doing. He kept saying "my want to marry Afton in the Temple"...
while at the pool, the kids found a few birds nests under the deck...amazingly I got this shot at exactly the right time...then turned to get one of the boys looking on - it was pretty cool!
After swimming we were all starving...my parents were up for the weekend, so dad became our resident chef...he grilled up hamburgers and hot dogs to perfection...thanks, dad!
the girls played outside, tumbled on the mats in the basement, then set up their sleeping quarters and talked some 'girl-talk' until early in the morning...
Morning came quickly for some of these girls...Lori and Amy had to take off pretty early with their kids to make it to Brinley, Delaney and Afton's soccer tournament. I'm so glad they came up to play!
After watching the hot air balloons from the deck and eating a yummy french toast bake Kim made, Kim and I and the kids joined grandpa and grandma and aunt Mandy and her kids for an early morning hike up to Memorial Hill.
at the top, overlooking beautiful Midway...my mom and dad have traveled the world and next week are heading back to Amsterdam and France for the week. They both say the Midway valley is as beautiful as some of the most far-away and beautiful places they've visited!
McKenna, Malorie, Grace, Ashlyn and Sara
back at the bottom...Sara, Grace, Ashlyn, Malorie and McKenna
We swam again, and after lunch the kids all crashed...probably because some of the girls were up until 2:00 a.m. It was a great weekend!
Garrett is off fly fishing and enjoying some time 'who knows where' with Greg...a much needed trip for both of them! I'll write about their fishing tales late when I hear of them.
Oh, yeah...one more thing. Wyatt has been finding and making mischief these last few weeks. I think it comes down to me not watching him as closely as I watched the others at this age. He's been clogging our toilets with rolls of toilet paper and bars of decorative soaps, squirting lotion on things and is now way too fascinated with pocket knives...I just think he's off playing with the big kids, but then I realize it's way too quiet. This weekend it happened again, my mom and I were in the kitchen talking and the big kids sleeping. I looked over at the wood floor and noticed Wyatt had smeared white toothpaste on the floor, then I noticed drops on the stairs leading upstairs...I died! I quickly cleaned it up, while dying, because the toothpaste tube was nowhere in sight and I knew that was a problem - little Wyatt was happily sitting in the great room, totally enjoying himself, totally oblivious to my racing heart...my mom said "you go upstairs and see the damage, just don't scream too loudly." I got upstairs and this is what I found in the sink. One of the girls' old dolls we had taken up to stay in the toy room at Midway was covered in toothpaste...I laughed instead of screaming! I think I need to watch my boy more closely...