Today, McKenna turned eleven! I knew it would be a bitter-sweet day with dad gone to High Adventure camp. I knew she would be a little sad, so we planned another day of fun to keep us busy.She and Ashlyn have been missing dad like crazy. Every night after family prayer, they both shed quite a few tears. They are such sweet girls!The day started with breakfast on the couch, then a very special phone call from dad and some of the young men at High Adventure singing Happy Birthday to her...she thought that was the coolest thing ever! She's waiting to open her birthday gifts until dad comes home because she doesn't want him to miss any of the fun...what a cutie!
We woke early, mowed the lawn and did a little yard work, (well, except for McKenna...with it being her birthday, she and her aunt Mandy decided she should be exempt from chores and I agreed!) We worked hard so we could take off for the rest of the day to play hard. McKenna invited her friend, Delaney along for the day. As we picked her up, her little sister looked pretty sad. The kids yelled from the back seat "mom, let's take Taevey, too." I loved that they saw her sadness and wanted to bring her along. She tagged along with Colter the entire day and it worked out perfectly. The three older girls ran around together and Colter had a friend to play with and I had my buddy, Wyatt.
The kids hit the park running and for the first hour I didn't see any of them. Wyatt and I just relaxed in the warm water...
The huge bucket that poured out tons of water every few minutes was a favorite. McKenna and Ashlyn loved lying on the ground while Delaney tried to run away...her face says it all in this picture.
the kids loved hanging over this wall because it was so warm against their bodies...
Ashlyn busts a move and strikes a pose wherever she goes...
while eating lunch, just as I snapped this photo, I overheard McKenna telling Colter how much she loved him...such a cute moment!
We absolutely loved Cowabunga Bay...I had just as much fun as the kids riding the water slides and floating the lazy river. We will definitely be coming back!