This week Garrett's been in Florida on business and we have missed him terribly. Especially at nighttime and in the mornings when we get to spend such quality time with our daddy. The nighttime routine when putting Wyatt to bed, after we've said prayers, gotten a drink of water and talked about his favorite part of the day, is to kiss him goodnight and then go find daddy and bring him in for his good night kiss. These are no ordinary little kisses, Wyatt holds his breath for as long as he can while giving us the biggest kisses ever...they're not to be missed!So, Sunday night I tucked him in and puckered my lips for my big smooch. I was worried about what kind of melt down he would have when he asked for dad to come in and kiss him goodnight and I had to remind him daddy wasn't there...I shouldn't have worried. He asked for daddy and then when he remember he wasn't there, he let out a big sigh...from the other room, Colter heard Wyatt's disappointment and immediately came in to save the night.
He sat down right next to Wyatt and softly and tenderly began talking to Wyatt. Colt told Wyatt he could give him daddy's kiss...I waited quietly to hear his answer..Wyatt loved the idea of having Colter fill in for daddy. I sat there watching my two boys helping...serving each other and thinking to myself 'who better to fill in?' Colter is so good to his little brother, of course they have their moments, but that small act of kindness and compassion gave me a little glimpse of heaven.I couldn't wait to tell Garrett about it the next morning, but there was more to come. Every morning when Wyatt wakes up, daddy always gets him a sippie cup of chocolate milk - one of his favorite things. I hadn't even thought about that, but Colter had...without Wyatt even asking for his chocolate milk, Colter had gotten it ready so when Wyatt woke up, he would already have it ready for him...I love that boy! Colt, like I've said before, someday you will be such an awesome daddy, just like your own daddy!