Monday, June 29, 2009

Fun in the Summer Sun...5th Grade Field Trip

Lucky me, I was able to tag along with McKenna and the fifth grade on their field trip to the Bird Refuge, Layton Park and Surf-N-Swim...Garrett says I have it pretty easy and I have to agree! Garrett dropped off Wyatt early this morning to spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa Nichol and they're dropping him back off to Garrett so he can bring him home tonight - a perfect situation.Here's our fun day in pictures... I loved what the sign leaving the Bird Refuge read: "In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous." Aristotle.I forget we have this beautiful nature conservancy just in our backyard...we should visit more often.
Brinley, McKenna, Delaney and Sophie
at the park they enjoyed a little tackle football...something that's not allowed anymore on the school field...
our soon-to-be sixth grader and me...