Friday, June 5, 2009

Time with Grandpa...

After being at the zoo all day, we headed up to Midway for the night. We swam at the clubhouse and then headed back to the house to make dinner...what a great surprise to find grandpa at the house with pizza already waiting for us!With a sad face, Wyatt told grandpa about the train at the zoo being broken...grandpa had the perfect fix. He and grandma had found this cool wooden train at a yard sale and thought Wyatt would love it. The new train was magic and Wyatt soon forgot all about the train at the zoo.
Colter and grandpa played Jenga and later we enjoyed a little tennis and hanging at the new playground with my parents next door neighbors' kids, Jackson and Ashlynn. Their parents, Jeremy and Andrea, are awesome...I grew up with Jeremy and have gotten to know and love Andrea as we spend time in Midway together...they are building a home in Heber and for the time are living with Jer's parents, Larry and Sharon. Jeremy's older sister Kim was one of my best friends growing up in Sandy - her dad was the Bishop of our ward and her mom has always been so welcoming and genuine...their whole family is that way. I have great memories growing up at their house. Well, last year without even knowing it both of our parents built homes right next to each other in Midway...I've seen Kim and her family more in the last year than I have in a long time. Kim was always someone I have loved and looked up to and to be able to continue our friendship (mostly in Midway) as we both raise our families has been such fun.
Friday we swam some more and then grandpa treated us to lunch at the Train Burger for working hard in the yard.
The kids love working beside all of their grandparents. While Garrett and I were at Falcon's Ledge the kids stayed with their grandma and grandpa Sill...the boys helped grandpa plant his garden and the girls helped grandma make homemade wheat bread and clean the house. They can learn a lot from their grandparents...