Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not Far Behind his Daddy...

When daddy's home, his little side-kicks are not far behind...working or playing right along side whatever dad's doing. Garrett loves it and is so good about taking the time, even if projects take twice the amount of time and energy to finish. I admire so much about him, but one thing in particular I love about G, is that he takes time for teaching moments with the kids in whatever they do together.The other day, Garrett came home from golfing and had his hat on backwards...when Wyatt saw daddy, he quickly ran to his room, grabbed his baseball hat and put his on backwards just like his daddy!
Lately we've had the bug to get things better organized around the house and take care of things that have gone forgotten about. Having lived here 9 years, there are many dings and nicks to repair. This last week I painted our office...here's a little glimpse of the color - I love it!
We also did some furniture rearranging and I'm getting caught up on all of our family scrapbooks...since Wyatt was born I haven't done any scrapbooking. He is at that age where he loves to see pictures of himself...and I it breaks my heart when he looks at our family books and constantly asks "where's Wyatt?" My response is always "you were still in heaven." He's asked so much that now when he sees pictures without him he just says "my in heaven...when will I not be in heaven again??" It makes Garrett sad, too...so he's given me the go-ahead to get caught up on the last three years - which can quickly add up. But, not to worry babe, being the sale shopper I am, I've already found some great deals! Garrett and Wyatt also re-caulked our showers and cleaned all of our grout - it feels good to be so motivated and get things accomplished! What better helper than an energetic 3 year-old?? And they're even sporting their stylish eye protection...what more could I ask for?
What a funny kid...after paining the office, I put the ladder outside to move it to the garage...a few minutes later I hear my cute boy calling to me to take a picture of him.