Ashlyn has an incredible and amazing ability to dance...she is graceful, talented, quick to learn and so fun to watch, but, she has decided to take a year off from dance to cheer competitively. I have had a hard time letting her choose cheer, while Garrett has been exited for her to try new things...until he came home from her year-end recital the other night! The first thing he said after watching her dance was "she cannot stop dancing!" I totally agree, but she's not five anymore...she can make her own choices and as hard as it is sometimes, deep down I feel it will be a good change.Last night was Ashlyn's third grade program...it was all about Talents and had the best message - that we all have talents and to not let doubts get you down. She and her friend, Sara, performed their hip-hop routine 'whatcha think you're looking at' and did an awesome job!
As excited as I am about having two beautiful daughters living in our house...I also know they're growing up all too quickly. Last night, Ashlyn saw her friend Jaxon come home...she ran into the house to ask if she could go back outside to hang with him. These two have been buddies for years...they really enjoy being together and Ashlyn loves riding bikes to school with Jaxon almost every morning. He is so good to her...the other day her bike got a flat so she got Colter's old bike out to ride - before she could get on the bike, Jaxon said to her "Ash, you can ride my bike and I'll ride Colter's"...and then again, the other day as she was heading out to her dance recital, he saw her all decked out in her costume and told her she looked cute - Ashlyn adores him (and I do too)!